Scholarships and Financial Aid
An MS Financial Engineering Degree is a significant investment. However, there are several resources available to you making it more manageable.
Scholarships are avaiable for the following:
- All qualified applicants who complete their application are eligible for a merit based scholarship
- % of scholarship awarded will vary
- No additional application needed
- For this current admission season any qualifed applicant who is an Illinois resident will be offered a 50% scholarship
- A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to current students based on exceptional performance after the first semester.
- Students must have a least a 3.75 GPA to be eligible
- Application Required
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Any international student can search for scholarships from agencies outside the University on the Internet. For more information and links to some online search engines, see Outside Scholarships. The following sites may provide assistance as well.
- International Education Financial Aid
- International Scholarships Online
- The Smart Student Guide to Studying in the USA
Students may search for on-campus job opportunities through the Virtual Job Board.
RESEARCH & TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIPS
The Master of Science in Financial Engineering is a self-funded program where students are responsible for paying their tuition and fees. Students in this program are not eligible for Board of Trustee (BOT) tuition-waiver-generating assistantships at the University of Illinois.
The Department of Immigration and Naturalization Services strictly regulates employment for international students. For more information regarding employment, contact International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) or the Graduate College.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LOANS
There are limited opportunities for you to obtain a private alternative loan. Most lenders require you to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid alien registration card as a co-signer. Click here for a comprehensive list of international private alternative educational loan lenders.